The Vornado NGT425 looks like the other brands, but somehow, it manages to stand out because it has this classier and sleeker vibe. It’s simply stunning. Once again, in the looks department, Vornado did not disappoint with the NGT 425.
But here’s the big question. Is this 42-inch tower fan also functional? Or is it just a pretty cooling device? What are its pros and cons? Let’s hear it from previous buyers, so in this Vornado NGT425 review, we give you a summary of consumer feedback and comments.
Key Features of the Vornado NGT425
Let’s jumpstart this Vornado NGT425 review with a quick look at its key features.
Versa-Flow Adjustable Airflow
The Vornado NGT425 comes with two openings – one for air inlet and the other for air outlet. It is equipped with what the company calls “Versa-Flow” airflow. With this feature, you can adjust the airflow for a wider reach.
According to the manual, the airflow outlet can be angled to up to 45 degrees. You can make the adjustment through a circular knob on the control panel, which is located on top of the unit.
The control panel of the Vornado NGT425 consists of two main parts: touch-sensitive buttons and the Versa-Flow knob.
Withe buttons, you can adjust two functions: timer and speed. This tower fan has a timer that you can set to up to 8 hours. It also has 5 speed options to choose from. The speed function comes with indicator lights.
Let’s not forget to mention that there is a remote control so that you can make adjustments from a distance.
The Vornado NGT425 also comes with these other exciting features.
- Timer. You can choose from 1 to 8 hours. Also, note that it’s possible to tell how much time is left by simply touching the Timer button.
- Finger-Friendly Design. No need to worry about those curious fingers. The inlet/outlet grills are designed to be finger-friendly.
- Auto Dimming. The display will dim after 3 seconds of inactivity.
- Removable inlet grill. If you want a thorough clean, you’ll need to use a screwdriver to loosen the screws that hold the inlet grill to the unit.
- Weight: 10.2 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 42.3″H x 13″W x 13″D
- Model Number: FA1-0054-06
- Power cord length: 6 ft.
Also read: Vornado Heavy Duty 293 Review: Pros and Cons
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
How did the Vornado NGT425 fare among previous buyers? In this part of our review, we give you a summary of this product’s pros and cons based on consumer feedback.
Advantages of the Vornado NGT425
- Airflow. It puts out enough airflow to even out “hot and cold spots” in a room. Several people say they use the Vornado NGT425 in their office, and they’re not disappointed.
- Noise. There are conflicting feedback as regards the noise level of this tower fan, but it seems like when it works and has no issues, it is fairly quiet especially on the lower speed settings. However, you can hear the hum it produces as you go up the speed scale. When this happens, you might find it to be “noisy.”
- Other Comments. It’s space-saving, and it’s not difficult to find a spot for it.
Vornado NGT425 Limitations
- One of the common complaints about the Vornado NGT425 is that it doesn’t oscillate. The Versa-Flow feature is good in theory, but it doesn’t help if you’re used to an oscillating fan.
- The remote control has been described as “cheap.”
- Some people say that their unit made a “rattling” sound especially as the unit gets older.
- Compared to other Vornado fans, the performance of the NGT425 has disappointed several buyers.
Our Recommendation: Vornado NGT425 Review
Should you get one for yourself? Let’s end this Vornado NGT425 review with this recommendation.
Purchase the Vornado NGT425 with reservations. It works when it works. But based on consumer feedback, there are issues regarding this tower fan’s quality. When it has no issues, it’s fairly quiet and it only gets noisier as you speed it up. However, it’s difficult to ignore the “rattling” comments given by several other buyers. Plus, this does not oscillate, so before you buy this unit, consider this.