Are you looking for a mini fan that charges via a USB port? You’ve probably heard of the Volado VD-MF100, a personal fan that you can take with you anywhere you go. If you need a desk fan to cool you off at the office, or perhaps you’re looking for a cooling fan for your laptop, the VD-MF100 may be the solution.
But is it? Before making a decision, here’s our Volador USB table fan review, featuring its pros and cons as provided by previous consumers.
Key Features of the Volador VD-MF100
What are the key features of the Volador VD-MF100? Here’s what to expect.
One can see that the Volado VD-MF100 doesn’t look bad. In fact, it has a sleek and modern design, making it the perfect personal fan in an indutrial-themed office.
To complete the modern design, this mini fan comes with a touch control to adjust the speed levels or to turn it on/off. Simply tap the logo on top to choose between two speed levels.
Noise Below 40 dB
Nope, this is not a bladeless fan. In fact, it’s equipped with two motors that drive two sets of blades – 3 in front and 5 at the rear. These blades rotate in opposite directions. How much sound does it produce? According to its sales page, this USB fan produces only 40 dB of sound. For your reference, a typical conversation is measured to be about 30 dB.
Not only because of its tiny size, but also because it comes with a USB port. That means you can plug it into your computer, tablet, or a power bank if you need power.
Note that this fan is not battery-operated. It has to plugged in to operate. Meaning, you don’t have to worry about recharging it.
You can tilt the fan up and down to up to 135 degrees.
- Weight: 8oz (225g)
- Color: Black
- Product dimensions: 4.1 x 4.1 x 4.6 inch
- USB Cable Length: 3.3 feet
- Material: ABS + Aluminum
- Design: Cylinder style
What do previous buyers say about the Volado VD-MF100? In summarized form, here’s what we found out about the product, which includes its pros and cons.
- Noise. At the low setting, it moves a gentle breeze, so the fan performs its job quietly. However, at the higher setting, it becomes louder because of increased air flow.
- Airflow. The general feedback is that the low setting may be “okay” if it’s directed to you. But if you choose the higher speed, it blows more than enough. Overall, it provides a gentle circulation.
- Size. It’s very compact, so it doesn’t hog a lot of space. To borrow the words of one person, it’s as big as a small coffee cup.
- Other benefits. Surprisingly, you can hang the Volado VD-MF100 using its aluminum stand. Just be resourceful.
Cons and Limitations
- A few people said that their unit’s fan died after only a few months of usage.
- Some people said that their unit vibrates a bit when it’s on.
Our Recommendation: Volador USB Table Fan Review VD-MF100
Let’s end this Volador USB table fan review right. What’s our recommendation? Here’s our final say.
If you’re looking for a personal fan that blows a good amount of air, then you won’t be disappointed with the Volador VD-MF100.
Alternatives to the VD-MF100
Do you need more options? Here are three brands to consider.