The OdorStop OS1000 weighs 15 lbs. You can hold it with one hand, you can raise it with one hand, and you can stand on it and not worry about damaging it. It’s a compact air mover, much smaller than the OdorStop OS2800, but it’s powerful in its own right.
But should you get one for home use, perhaps for your carpet-drying needs? What are its pros and cons? Let’s find out in this OdorStop OS1000 review.
Key Features of the OdorStop OS1000
What are the key features of the OdorStop OS1000? Here’s a list.
Compact, yet Powerful
The OS1000 is so far the smallest air mover in OdorStop’s catalogue. It weighs only 15 lbs, which is, compared to the other models, is considered lightweight.
Yet, it packs a punch. In fact, it comes with a 1400-RPM thermally protected motor that can move air up to 1000 CFM. As described in a promotional video, this air mover can “throw air a long, long distance.”
Sturdy and Multi-Positional
Another characteristic of the OdorStop OS1000 is that it’s sturdy and unbreakable. In the image on your right, you can see a man who is approximately 200 pounds, standing on the unit. This suggests that the OS1000 is made of durable materials.
For one, it has a roto-molded poly housing that can withstand a high amount of pressure. It’s not split-cased injection molded or blow molded, so expect it to last for many years.
It’s also multi-positional. It doesn’t come with a pivoting head, but it can be positioned to a certain angle to vary the direction of the airflow. The unit comes with 3 sets of feet for this purpose.
Here are other exciting features that the OS1000 has.
One, it comes with 3 speed settings, which you can easily adjust using the rotary dial switch on the unit. Two, it’s equipped with a 10-foot power cord.
Three, it requires only 2.5 amps, so you can plug in as many units in the room at one time. Next, it’s stackable to up to 5 high to help make storage easy for you.
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 14 x 13 inches
- 1/5 hp, 1400 rpm thermally protected motor
- GFCI outlet allows daisy-chaining up to 5 units
VIDEO: Product Demo and Closer Look
Watch this video to find out more about this air mover/carpet dryer.
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
How did the OdorStop OS1000 fare among consumers? Let’s find out in this section of this Odorstop OS1000 review.
Pros of the OdorStop OS1000
- Performance. Theoretically, it can help move hot air from a shed, a deck, or a barn and keep it cool especially during the summer season. But does it actually deliver this promise? Several people agree. One person use it to circulate dehumified air, and it works. Another said it’s also helpful in driving away mosquitoes while they lounge at their porch deck. Another person used his OdorStop OS1000 in circulating air in his basement and dry it because of water leak, and he said it worked.
- Airflow. For its size, the power it has is impressive. Here are some positive comments, terms, and phrases used by previous buyers: “moves some air,” “had a lot of power,” “great power,” moves a ton of air.” Still, your stuff won’t be blow around.
- Noise. It does make a sound, and it increases as you increase the speed setting. To have an idea of how “noisy” this air mover is, watch the video in the preceding section.
- Other Comments. It’s easy to carry. Storage is not a problem either. It’s also well-built.
OdorStop OS1000 Limitations
- The motor is thermally protected, but it’s not waterproof.
- While it helps to keep an area cool, it doesn’t blow cold air. It doesn’t have a heating element or a cooling chamber.
Our Recommendation: OdorStop OS1000 Review
So…based on the consumer feedback presented above, should you purchase the OS1000? Here’s what we have to say.
Yes, get the OdorStop OS1000 if you want a small and compact, yet powerful air blower. This unit moves air without blowing your stuff around. It can be used to circulate stuffy air out of an area, or it can be used to dry your carpet or floors.