What’s unique about Honeywell tower fans? For one, in general, these cooling devices offer two times more speed settings than the competition. Also, if you’re the type who gets annoyed with the light that comes from an appliance’s LED panel especially at night, some Honeywell units come with a dimming feature (QuietSet Technology). This functionality allows you to choose from several lighting selections to ensure a good night’s sleep.
What makes them the best? We based our evaluation on what previous buyers have said about them. They may not be the perfect cooling device, but their positives outweigh the negatives.
- 1 Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #1: Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet
- 2 Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #2: Honeywell HY-254 QuietSet
- 3 Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #3: Honeywell HYF023W Comfort Control
- 4 Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #4: Honeywell HYF290B Quietset
- 5 Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #5: Honeywell with Febreze Freshness HY-201
Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #1: Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet
So far, the Honeywell QuietSet HY-280 is the top-selling Honeywell tower fan on a popular online retailer. This device boasts 8 speeds or levels of quiet control (from Sleep mode to Power Cool setting), giving you more selections to suit your preference.
Next, it comes with a remote control and its own storage at the back of the fan. Third, it comes with an auto-shut off timer (1, 2, 4, 8 hours). Lastly, it comes with a digital display and an adjustable thermostat. This thermostat allows you to select a room temperature at which this device will turn on.
What are the pros and cons of this unit? Here’s a summary of consumer feedback and comments.
– It’s a quiet tower fan, especially at the lower speed settings.
– The thermostat control is truly useful. Not only does it turn the fan on automatically at a set temperature, but the panel also displays the current room temperature.
– There is no dim feature, so you may find that the LED control panel is quite bright.
– Some of the parts that you’d expect to be made of sturdier materials are made of plastic. One user said that the base of her unit is attached to the body with “three plastic parts.” That said, her unit broke after 3 months.
Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #2: Honeywell HY-254 QuietSet
Also equipped with QuietSet Technology, the Honeywell HY-254 allows you to choose among 5 speed settings using either its touch-button electronic controls or the more convenient remote control. You can also set this device to shut off automatically after 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours.
Note 1: Unlike other models, this unit does not come with an auto-temperature control feature.
Note 2: This is ideal for people who are looking for a white tower fan model or brand.
Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #3: Honeywell HYF023W Comfort Control
Another white tower fan, the Honeywell HYF023W Comfort Control Tower Fan boasts 3 speed settings. As advertised, the highest setting produces a sound that measures 52 dB. It comes with a 1, 2, 4, and 8-hour auto-off timer, a recessed carry handle, and push button controls.
What are the positive feedback given about this product? First, although it doesn’t have a dimming feature, this unit doesn’t have bright LED lights to be concerned about. At 32 inches in height, it’s relatively small. And although not everyone agrees, this tower fan is fairly quiet.
What are the limitations of this unit? Perhaps you’ll be disappointed to know that this Honeywell tower fan doesn’t come with a remote. Next, from the words of one buyer, it doesn’t have a compressor to change air temperature. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come apart, so cleaning is limited to using a vacuum to suck in the dust inside your unit.
Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #4: Honeywell HYF290B Quietset
What does the Honeywell HYF290B have that the others on this list doesn’t? It comes with a dimming feature. With this functionality, you can choose from 5 lighting selections to make the room dimmer at night (100%, 75%, 50%, and 25%). This is therefore ideal for people who can’t sleep with any lights on at night. Aside from that, it also comes with a slim footprint and it weighs only 9.2 pounds. Let’s not forget, it comes with 8 speed settings.
What do consumers say about this product? Here’s a summarized report.
– How noisy is the product? One buyer managed to measure it at two settings. He said that without using the fan, the room measures 34dB. At the highest setting, the fan produces 48dB noise/sound, which is still quiet compared with other fans.
– It takes little floor space, which is good news to people looking for a space-saving device. It also stores easily.
– While some people say that it distributes air pretty well, some don’t agree, even saying that it’s not as powerful or strong as they have expected.
Best Honeywell Tower Fan Pick #5: Honeywell with Febreze Freshness HY-201
Why do you need the Honeywell with Febreze Freshness HY-201? It comes with a Febreze Freshness set, so aside from keeping your room cool, it also helps freshen it. This is ideal for people who live in a humid area, or in places where mouldy smell easily develops. It’s a tabletop model, so expect high portability.
Does it deliver good results? According to consumer feedback, it does. One mother shares that the Febreze inserts are a bonus, especially because she used it in her boys’ room, which she says doesnt smell good. Since it’s compact, a person who lives in a non-airconditioned dorm room says it’s the perfect cooling system.